[Koha-devel] Marc Table Description

Lerenard Michel lerenarm at esiee.fr
Thu May 22 03:29:04 CEST 2003

hi

We are finishing to convert an old database and we are currently
trying to fill
the marc table.

I am currently having problem with two fields of the marc_word table:
	tagorder
	subfieldorder

 I have the idea that the two fields contain the number of the field
and
 subfield entered when adding a biblio/item.
 The tagnumber tells if the tag is the first asked , or the second,
and so on, in the form.
 The subfield number indicates if the field is the first field or the
second (and so on) of the tag.

 For example, if i need to enter five fields to add a biblio :
 (215a,215b,400a,801a,995f, for example) each field will have a tag
number, from
 1 to 4 (1,1,2,3,4), and a subfield number, respectively 1,2,1,1,1.

 I hope you will understand, it is not that easy to explain ! :)

 My question is : do Koha need those fields (for researches or
something else ) , or can i leave them empty ?

 Thanks in advance

 Michel LERENARD