[Koha-devel] new script in CVS to manage DB

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 20 11:45:04 CEST 2003

On 2003-10-20 15:04:26 +0100 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:

>> Why do we not use views?
> ???

Someone off-list reminded me why: koha uses MySQL and MySQL still
cannot do views.

> you're right. But, as usual : do we have a volunteer ? Which task is
> more
> important :
> * debugging & releasing a good 2.0.0 version ? (everybody agrees this
> task is
> the 1st one to do :-) )

We still seem to have some way to go on this.  I have started doing
daily burn tests and will file any bugs that I find.  Today was mostly
install bugs, with other ones being things I can handle too.

> but after, should we :
> * document & code cleaning

Documenting is essential and should be added to 2.0, then merged
across to 2.1 series.  Code cleaning is 2.1 stuff, I think.

> * add missing "minor" features (LDAP,...)
> * add major features like serials, report generator ?

These are 2.1 stuff too.

> * move the default template to xhtml with css positionning ?

This is essential and should be added to 2.0.  Failing accessibility
is a bug to me, as you know, and that includes any mandatory
Javascript.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at