[Koha-devel] Getting rid of z3950 daemons

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 20 16:39:02 CEST 2003

On 2003-09-30 15:22:05 +0100 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:

> but that's not the problem : if enters 4 z3950, we shouldn't wait for
> 4
> synchronous answers before sending him something. It would need 4-8
> seconds.
> the daemon solution gives a "blank screen" to the user, saying "Koha
> is
> working", then answers are shown as soon as they arrive.

This would not require a daemon.  Send a "koha is working" first of
all and a redirect to the results page.  The results page should not
return anything (not even headers) until all results are in.  Requests
should still not be done synchronously if possible, to ensure that we
can abort before the maximum runtime.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at