[Koha-devel] biblio deletion

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Oct 21 09:02:18 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm working on biblio deletion in Koha.
There are some very annoying bugs in deletion in 1.2.x code, that I want
to clean.
The deleted biblio is copied into a "deletedbiblio" table, for historic
purposes. Note that there is no way to transfer the biblio back to
"active DB". And it's a little buggy : the biblio can be deleted without
the biblioitems :-\ (see delbiblio.pl & sub delbiblio in C4/Biblio.pm).
and you can delete a biblioitem with items attached (deletebiblioitems.pl)

I propose the following feature :
* a confirmation is needed before any deletion.
* delete can be done on biblio or items. If done on biblio, biblioitem
and items are deleted too.
* deleted biblios are no more stored in deletedbiblio tables : because
there is no MARC deletedbiblio, no way to restore a biblio, I think it's
a feature we could introduce in a future version of Koha.
* deletion require a "superlibrarian" flag, to avoid any librarian
deleting biblios.

Any opinion/suggestions ?

--
Paul POULAIN