[Koha-devel] biblio deletion

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Sat Oct 25 01:51:20 CEST 2003

MJ Ray wrote:

> On 2003-10-22 22:12:58 +0100 Roger Horne <roger at hrothgar.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Can you tell me the URL in the address bar of the page that you
> entered this on? For extra help, can you tell me the URL of the next
> page to appear, as soon as you clicked the send button? My first look
> for this didn't find the problem I was expecting.

> Really, qq() shouldn't be used. All DBI database calls should be done
> by preparing a statement with ? placeholders and then using execute to
> fill in the variables. I've not spotted too many cases of other things
> in koha, but I've not been looking too hard yet.

we try to clean sql without ? when we discover them. There should not be
so many of them now.

> I think far more common in koha is the SQL phrase:
>   INSERT INTO tablename VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)
> which causes problems if the order or numbers of the columns in
> tablename changes. Sometimes the name of the table can be a reserved
> word in future versions of MySQL too. I think that developers should use
>   INSERT INTO "tablename" ("column1","column2") VALUES (?,?)
> instead but ICBW.

I never use "short version" of insert. I usually use INSERT INTO
"tablename" ("column1","column2") VALUES (?,?) . some dev use
insert into biblioitems set biblioitemnumber = ?, biblionumber      = ?,
which is OK too.

--
Paul POULAIN