[Koha-devel] biblio deletion

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Oct 25 01:38:14 CEST 2003

On 2003-10-22 22:12:58 +0100 Roger Horne <roger at hrothgar.co.uk> wrote:
> I entered "RH's room" as the location (unquoted) and used that in the
> biblio
> (manually entered) for a single book.

Can you tell me the URL in the address bar of the page that you
entered this on? For extra help, can you tell me the URL of the next
page to appear, as soon as you clicked the send button? My first look
for this didn't find the problem I was expecting.

Really, qq() shouldn't be used. All DBI database calls should be done
by preparing a statement with ? placeholders and then using execute to
fill in the variables. I've not spotted too many cases of other things
in koha, but I've not been looking too hard yet.

I think far more common in koha is the SQL phrase:
   INSERT INTO tablename VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)
which causes problems if the order or numbers of the columns in
tablename changes. Sometimes the name of the table can be a reserved
word in future versions of MySQL too. I think that developers should
use
   INSERT INTO "tablename" ("column1","column2") VALUES (?,?)
instead but ICBW.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at