[Koha-devel] hard coded stuff?

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 27 02:38:02 CET 2003

On 2003-10-27 10:19:03 +0000 Benedykt <kb2qzv at poczta.wp.pl> wrote:

> 	background-image:url("/intranet-tmpl/default/en/images/background-mem.gif");

What should this be, in your opinion?

> Not all diff software packages will show both but rather the whole
> line
> will be highlighted as having been modified. For a translator that
> means
> visual inspection of the code. Translators are NOT programmers. They
> may
> overlook a lot of such little modifications.

Shouldn't the translator look at the changed lines anyway? I'm
probably not understanding what you mean here.

> Before koha-1.2.3 all the language strings where in the perl scripts.
> Now
> they are found in the template files. I wonder whether there exists a
> method
> of still going back to a flavor of GETTEXT to take care of
> translations?

Gettext has its own problems, I hear from someone working on Indian
translations. It is a step forwards from us now, though. I thjnk it
would not be too difficult to do, but time-consuming.

What is the opinion of the release manager about translations? Can we
put localisation and internationalisation fixes into 2.0, must we have
them, or should we wait?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at