[Koha-devel] Serials (next translation questions...)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Aug 5 06:27:06 CEST 2004

Hi,

In french, for a given subscription (=abonnement), you wait for
effective items. Repeated items are called "bulletins" (= explains the
word "bulletinage" -see previous post-)
What word should we use in english ? Items is very poor, as it's used
for something else.
In french, "numéro" is a synonym for "bulletin", and can be translated
by "number". I think number is poor in english too.

still in french, a "bulletin" that is late and will never arrive is
called "lacune". I don't know the exact translation, but is "missing" OK ?
A "bulletin" that is late will be marked "late". Is this word correct ?
A "bulletin" that should arrive soon is marked "waited" (= ie : is
planned, but not yet late). Is it correct ?

I think it's all for today (a very raining one in Marseille...)

--
Paul POULAIN