[Koha-devel] modified version of Koha ?

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Dec 13 12:40:04 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 05:48:17PM +0100, Paul POULAIN said:
> Hi Koha developpers,
>
> Isn't this a modified version of Koha :
> http://opalsbdt.stier.org/bin/home
>
> The GUI seems really like Koha.

I think its a rewritten version of Koha

http://opalsbdt.stier.org/bin/record/info?zid=0;rid=4100;sf=1

Its quite different now. But originally they did start with Koha I think
See

http://opals.dyndns.ws/cgi-bin/opac-main.pl

Which is a modified koha.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=cache:Homoxhye5GcJ:www2.lhric.org/libsys/calendar/open_source_wkshp.htm+opals-na+koha&hl=en

And they used to mention the fact also.

I contacted them earlier this year, to try in a nice way to get some
acknowledgement of Koha.

I mailed and simply asked if they wanted to be added to the list of Koha users
this was the reply

Hello out there!
Glad to know we are visible to the world! You certainly may add us to
the list, the only caveat is that that particular site is a beta site
that resides in Montreal and I am not sure how long it will be
available. I now house 52 libraries here in Binghamton, NY at the
following:

 http://opalsbdt.stier.org

    Elaine Stankosky
    Broome-Tioga BOCES
    Systems Training Assistant
    Library Automation
    607-763-3607

But then I went off to get married and promptly forgot. We should add them
to the list of Koha users and remake contact with them. They have done some nice things it
would be nice to reintegrate

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz