[Koha-devel] modified version of Koha ?

Michael Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Mon Dec 13 16:33:02 CET 2004

Chris Cormack wrote:
> I think its a rewritten version of Koha

Just looking at the HTML source and the directories it references I can
see it is so similar as to be definately started from Koha.

> And they used to mention the fact also.
> I contacted them earlier this year, to try in a nice way to get some
> acknowledgement of Koha.
> I mailed and simply asked if they wanted to be added to the list of Koha users
> this was the reply

The reply seems to me to be from someone that just uses the system and
didnt understand what your email was about. They are probably unaware of
the origins of the system and its relationship with open source. You
prob need to contact someone a bit higher up.

> Glad to know we are visible to the world! You certainly may add us to
> the list, the only caveat is that that particular site is a beta site
>     Systems Training Assistant
                        ^^^^^^^^^^
                        Note :-)

I think it's important that they mention Koha somewhere. They have a
heading 'About' but it's not a link to any information about their
system. That's where they should acknowledge its origins.

Of course one must be tactful when making such requests :-)

Mike
--
Michael Lake
Chemistry, Materials & Forensic Science, UTS

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If