[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Is anyone using the zh-TW translation of Koha? [IMPORTANT]

Ambrose Li acli at ada.dhs.org
Tue Feb 10 07:52:01 CET 2004

Hi, Paul,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:12:00AM +0100, paul POULAIN wrote:

> imho, nobody is using zh-TW version of Koha, because it is
> highly outdated. I even have removed it in 2.0.0RC2 and RC3 to
> avoid complaints.  I saw you modified tmpl_process.pl, so you
> use the translation tool.  Tell me/fix if you have problems
> with non iso-8859-1 encoding. It should work, but as french is
> iso8859-1, i can't test it.

sorry, but I'm not using the translation tool right now.  I
looked at it a bit, but couldn't figure out how to use it. I'm
right now updating the translation the old way.

(Incidentally, after I have worked on it for a few hours, I
don't know what to do when I finally do use the translation
tool.  At the very least, I'll need to massage the English
templates so that the generated Chinese templates will be
correct. Right now this is not the case. I think I'll have more
useful comments later on, when I have worked on it some more.)

It's good that you removed zh-TW from RC2 and RC3; it must be
broken quite badly since it's so outdated. I should have worked
on it earlier.

What is the schedule (if any) for 2.0? Should I work on both 2.0
and 2.2, or should I forget about 2.0?

Best regards,
--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <a.c.li at ieee.org>