[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Is anyone using the zh-TW translation of Koha? [IMPORTANT]

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Feb 10 00:06:01 CET 2004

acli at ada.dhs.org wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to know whether there are any Koha users actually
>using the Chinese translation at the moment.
>
>The reason I am asking is that the Chinese translation is using
>Big5; however, I have found Big5 to be very unsuitable for use
>in libraries.  I am planning to restart working on the Chinese
>translation and will be redoing everything using UTF8; however,
>this will cause existing Koha data entered with the Chinese
>interface (if entered in Chinese) to not work any more.  If no
>one is using the Chinese translation, I'll just replace the old
>files.

good new.

imho, nobody is using zh-TW version of Koha, because it is highly
outdated. I even have removed it in 2.0.0RC2 and RC3 to avoid complaints.
I saw you modified tmpl_process.pl, so you use the translation tool.
Tell me/fix if you have problems with non iso-8859-1 encoding. It should
work, but as french is iso8859-1, i can't test it.

--
Paul POULAIN