[Koha-devel] itemnum: tab -1

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Feb 23 06:54:19 CET 2004

MJ Ray wrote:

> On 2004-02-23 11:50:03 +0000 Benedykt P. Barszcz <kb2qzv at poczta.wp.pl>
> wrote:
>
>> When one checks the Koha DB and Marc DB it says:
>> itemnum: the field itemnumber is mapped to a field in tab -1
>
> Tab -1 has "special" significance, telling the Marc editor not to
> display it. itemnum has to be in -1. I am not completely comfortable
> with that being so visible to users.

The itemnumber can be put anywhere in the "item tag" (995 for UNIMARC,
852/952 for MARC21...) But fields that are visible by users are managed
by specifics subs.
and the itemnumber is managed by other subs.
So, it MUST be mapped to be managed correctly. But it MUST also be
hidden for the end-user.

Note it's the same for biblionumber & biblioitemnumber ("hidden" in 090
by default)

--
Paul POULAIN