[Koha-devel] log about z3950

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Feb 27 00:51:03 CET 2004

Benedykt P. Barszcz wrote:

>W liście z czw, 26-02-2004, godz. 23:22, Sullivan,Deric [CMC] pisze:
>

>> Replace:
>> my $dbi = C4::Context->dbh;
>> with:
>> $dbh->{"InactiveDestroy"} = "true";
>>
>> Replace all references to dbi with dbh.
>>

>I think that Paul has removed this instance of my $dbi = C4:: ...
>Instead there's this:
>my $dbi = DBI->connect("DBI:$db_driver:$db_name:$db_host",$db_user, ...
>
>Since I am not a perl guru, could anyone enlighten me what to do?

The idea is :
* the DB handler, when the process is forked, is forked too. So, 2
process use the same DB, and one can close the connection that the other
tries to use.
so, the solution is to have a specific handler for every process.
My modif should do the same thing as the InactiveDestroy one : it opens
a new handler.

Let's try it again. If it does not work, i'll modify the
processz3950queue to avoid forks. the limit here is that searches on
various z3950servers will no more be asynchronous. So i would use a
parameter to decide how many forks we accept.
But I hope my "hard coded opening of dbh" will work.

--
Paul POULAIN