[Koha-devel] New User

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jan 5 00:36:00 CET 2004

Desarrollo Koha a écrit :

> Hello:
> I come from Sevilla (Spain) and I am trying to translate koha 2,0RC1
> to spanish in order to use it at the "Conservatorio Superior de Musica
> Manuel Castillo de Sevilla", a school music where we want to replace
> the Windows proprietary software for the library management with an
> Open Source solution (better for Linux systems).

Hi from France :-)

> I have been looking for different systems and I think koha may be the
> best solution for our requeriments.

good.

> I would like to know how to release the work to the community while I
> am translating that (Currently working on the default theme).

Very good.

> I have found that could be a good thing to work in some kind of
> replacing the "hard coded" text with gettext (the original spanish
> translation is quite old comparing the templates with the english ones
> and it doesn't work well), and it could take advantages to maintain
> the translations without changing code.

DO NOT translate manually the spanish templates, that are outdated
you're right.
But look in misc/translator directory, file translator_doc.txt
Now we have a tool to create translated versions of Koha without having
to manually report any html change in english templates. Something like
gettext, but that works BEFORE execution, a kind of "gettext-compiler".
Use it on OPAC 1st to check it works fine in spanish (a few bugs may be
still present, but it works fine for french translation).

HTH (& sure it does :-) )

--
Paul POULAIN