[Koha-devel] New User

Cuenta General general at elcorro.net
Thu Jan 8 08:37:02 CET 2004

At 09:39 05/01/2004, you wrote:
>koha-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>I have found that could be a good thing to work in some kind of replacing
>the "hard coded" text with gettext (the original spanish translation is
>quite old comparing the templates with the english ones and it doesn't
>work well), and it could take advantages to maintain the translations
>without changing code.

DO NOT translate manually the spanish templates, that are outdated you're
right.
But look in misc/translator directory, file translator_doc.txt

¿where ?. I have downloaded the koha-2.0.0RC1.tgz file from sourceforge and
i can not find the file you are talking about.

Now we have a tool to create translated versions of Koha without having to
manually report any html change in english templates. Something like
gettext, but that works BEFORE execution, a kind of "gettext-compiler".
Use it on OPAC 1st to check it works fine in spanish (a few bugs may be
still present, but it works fine for french translation).

HTH (& sure it does :-) )

I think I have some kind of "development" version with some pieces of test
code.

Another thing is... Are there more than three reports on the report
module?. I only can see three but i have found a file inside the
directories that seems to have more reports (I actually can not remember
where :-(.

Thank you for your help.

Pablo