[Koha-devel] items table

Tom Madron tmadron at ewc-inc.com
Sat Jan 24 06:26:01 CET 2004

What is the function of the "itemnumber" field in the "items" table in
Koha?  Where does it come from?  How is it used?

In the MARC/Koha cross reference document on http://www.koha.org/wiki
(which I realize is woefully out of date) the "itemnumber" field references
MARC tag 890, subfield "c", which, as far as I can tell is not used
elsewhere in Koha.  In fact, neither MARC21 nor UNIMARC define tag 890 at
all (see http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ and
http://www.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/sec-uni.htm for tag definitions under
MARC21 and UNIMARC, respectively).

I have tried to put together a cross reference spreadsheet based not only
on the cross reference document noted above, but also by reference to
fields defined in Koha.

Any information I can get on this or related questions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Madron

Tom Madron
Enterprise-Wide Computing, Inc.