[Koha-devel] koha-2.0.1 frozen, now in arch, will release soon

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jun 3 08:50:12 CEST 2004

I am declaring a freeze for koha-2.0.1 and have taken a snapshot of
the CVS. I will test install this a few times in a few ways and then
release. Admins, am I allowed to upload the final tarball to
sourceforge when ready, or do you have to do that?

Now, info for developers, users and anyone wanting to be a new
download mirror:

Info for developers
-------------------

As previously mentioned, I have moved koha 2.0.x into a GNU Arch as a
test. If you have tla, you can find the archive name
(mjr at dsl.pipex.com--koha20), location
(http://www.mjr.dsl.pipex.com/koha20/), project name
(koha--release2--0.1) and some instructions on how to checkout working
copies at http://www.mjr.dsl.pipex.com/

Please, developers, help koha development by trying arch out. I am
happy to answer questions by email, or I can join IRC sometimes (but
may be slow to answer). I will update my docs in response to
questions.

Info for users
--------------

Well, if you read -devel, you must want to follow bleeding-edge code,
right? If you don't have arch, you should be able to use the
prerelease 2.0.1-beta0 anyway. The signed md5 checksum is at
http://www.mjr.dsl.pipex.com/koha20/koha/koha--release2/koha--release2--0.1/base-0/checksum
and it contains the (long) filename of the 4Mb-ish tar.gz file.

Info for mirror sites
---------------------

I need mirrors! My ISP probably won't allow infinite downloads! It's
only 4Mb now, but it will probably grow. I will set up other UK
mirrors if I need to, but if you have 20 or 30Mb of public http or ftp
space spare, accessible as a local disk, sftp, ftp or webdav, I think
you can mirror koha-2.0.1 with the commands:
   tla register-archive mjr at dsl.pipex.com--koha20-SOURCE
http://www.mjr.dsl.pipex.com/koha20/
   tla make-archive --mirror-from mjr at dsl.pipex.com--koha20-SOURCE
PATH/TO/YOUR/FILESPACE/
   tla mirror-archive mjr at dsl.pipex.com--koha20

So, if your space is accessible for uploads over sftp at the URI
sftp://user@www.webhost.com/var/www/koha/, then put that as the last
thing on the make-archive line.

Add that mirror-archive command to some timed execution. Tell me the
URL people can access it through, where in the world it is (Country
and ISP?) and how often it updates so I can add it to my page. Again,
I'm very happy to answer questions about this, especially if I got the
command above wrong.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.