[Koha-devel] SearchMarc.pm

Joshua Ferraro jferraro at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Sat Mar 6 09:16:07 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

OK, a couple of things.  First of all, I didn't write SearchMarc.pm,
though I am working on a new module called MarcSearch.pm which will
do what Chris wants when it's done (I have not committed it yet)--I
think Paul wrote SearchMarc.pm.

At this point, MarcSearch.pm is just an add-on to Search.pm and
replaces all the OPAC subroutines with subs that use the MARC
database for retrieving bibids and then sends the list of biblionumbers
to the subs that retrieve the rest of the data, etc.  Eventually,
I would like MarcSearch.pm to contain the subs that retrieve
the actual results from the MARC data.  For instance, rather than
using Koha's title table to retrieve title information for display
on the results screen I would like to grab:
245a, b, h, 246a, 295c
concatinated as a single string.  I have similar ideas for author, etc.

Second, I've posted Stephen's Simple Searching Plan document on our
wiki at http://66.213.78.60:8585/index.php/SimpleSearch
I've made a few comments as well.

Joshua