[Koha-devel] Question about Acquisitions and 'Biblios in koha'

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon May 3 06:32:47 CEST 2004

Stephen Hedges a écrit :

>Roger, I don't think I've ever seen anything like what you describe.  (I
>always assumed the 'I' in 'ISBN' really meant "international!")  Is this
>fairly common outside the US?
>
>MARC records let you repeat the ISBN tag.  Koha doesn't.

the ISBN can be repeated like any other subfield if you set the field
repeatable.
However, the problem is that :
* the ISBN won't be duplicated in non-MARC table (like in OPAC)
* ISBN search won't work well in 2.0, but will work in 2.2, as the
search package has been rewritten in CVS and every search will be done
on MARC tables, even non-MARC ones.

--
Paul POULAIN