[Koha-devel] Formatting currency

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Thu Nov 4 08:29:41 CET 2004

> MJ Ray wrote:
>
> I can't think of a currency with more than two decimal places, but a
> currency format preference is probably the safest route forwards.
>
> Actually, isn't it normal to use a fixed-precision number at the
> database level for money?

I wondered if there were times when more decimal places were necessary
because of calculation of taxes or exchange rates or something like
that.  Since we don't actually *use* the Acquisitions module, I don't
have any experience in that department.

If the answer is yes, two decimal places is fine, should I go ahead and
format output where I find it while we're waiting for a system-wide
currency format preference?

Thanks for everyone's advice,

   -- Owen