[Koha-devel] Formatting currency

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 3 16:37:16 CET 2004

On 2004-11-03 21:08:44 +0000 Owen Leonard
<oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us> wrote:

> [...] Does Koha need a 'currency format'
> preference like it has a date format preference?  Or would everyone
> be happy
> with just two decimal places?

I can't think of a currency with more than two decimal places, but a
currency format preference is probably the safest route forwards.

Actually, isn't it normal to use a fixed-precision number at the
database level for money? This may be better as an installer or
updatedatabase option.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
  Unsolicited attachments to the pipex address deleted
Will HLF fund tree-killings? http://www.thewalks.co.uk/