[Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.0RC1 is out...

Joshua Ferraro jmf at kados.org
Thu Nov 18 09:14:10 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 04:52:38PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Why are you fighting 2.0 and 2.2 releases off against each other for space on the summary page? Some people don't think RC1 is stable enough to be used in production yet, as you can see from the bug reports coming in.

Since 2.2 will shortly be the new "stable" Koha it makes sense to
advertise it on the Sourceforge summary page--which is the
traditional place that I at least go every time I want to install
any version of  Koha (I assume it's the same with other
Koha sys admins).  Not to say that Koha 2.0 should go away.
Mozilla did this with Firefox--Firefox early release candidates
were available for download from the main mozilla page.
Regardless of whether RC1 is stable enough for all production
environments it's certainly close--the more folks that download
and intend to use it in a production environment and the more
bug-testing and QA feedback we'll get.

> Please make a "koha-2.2" or "testing" category if you object to being labelled as "unstable". 2.2 RCs should not replace 2.0 full releases.
I disagree.  Koha 2.2RC1 in many ways is more stable than 2.0 (for instance,
2.0 does not support full MARC database searching and by my definition
that means it's not as MARC compliant.

Joshua