[Koha-devel] Questions from a small library ...

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Tue Oct 26 16:28:05 CEST 2004

Hi, Rachel -

Rachel Hamilton-Williams said:

> 2/. Circulation - use titles as well as numbers?
> So for libraries that doen't really make a lot of use out of numbers (ie
> don't have barcodes and barcode readers) could the input screen that
> wants the barcode accept a title as well/instead?  Wouldn't work on a
> bigger library where there is more than one copy of a book I assume, but
>    would be useful for small ones possibly?

I would think the library would have to be _very_ small.  There are lots
of books with the same title but different authors.  (I guess there are
only so many good titles out there, or maybe authors just don't have a lot
of imagination?)  I don't think I've ever seen a library that didn't use
some sort of control number to eliminate this problem.

Stephen