[Koha-devel] Clarification of jargon & tidying up

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 20 15:24:19 CEST 2004

On 2004-09-20 13:10:01 +0100 lars at rovaniemelainen.com wrote:

> * what is "Biblio"?  A bibliographic record?
> 	 * What do "biblionumber" and "biblioitemnumber" refer to?        Is
> one the
> metadata and the other the instance / physical artifact?

As I understand it, your guesses are correct. biblionumber is the
number of a bibliographic record, while biblioitemnumber is the number
of a particular item's bibliographic info.

> Also, is there a recommended writing style guide?

Not that I know of, but all of your suggestions should be in it, at
least for English. (I know French differs on punctuation and spaces.)
Care to search on the wiki for one and start one if not?

> A slightly more labor intensive change would be to use more CSS for
> layout in
> the future versiosn so that we don't continue to use high repetitions
> of
>   for horziontal layout.

There are CSS-based templates for OPAC. I'm not sure about intranet.
It definitely should be an aim IMO.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep