[Koha-devel] Arch Questions

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Sep 24 18:38:01 CEST 2004

On 2004-09-24 22:54:41 +0100 Mike Mylonas <dragon28 at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> (1) From the sound of it, we all can maintain our own individual
> repositories under Arch, so is there no central repository?

We can have a central repository if wanted. I'm not sure whether
sourceforge can host arch, although I know other similar services can.

> I am just
> concerned that if there are no central repositories, apart from the
> individual developers, about data backups etc

That can be addressed by archive mirrors and there will be the
releases anyway.

> (2) How does one manage the potential different "development" versions

Same as now.

> [...] Doesn't this potentially just get
> really messy with what could in fact look like numerous forks poping
> up
> around the web?

Does it at present? In the last year or so, I've seen ldapKoha,
rssKoha, one with a Z server in it, one with the start of some XML
server, the win32 port ... I think most people have been pretty honest
about pointing back to the main releases.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk