[Koha-devel] Arch Questions

Mike Mylonas dragon28 at ihug.co.nz
Fri Sep 24 14:55:16 CEST 2004

I suppose the following is more specifically for MJ, but please feel
free to jump in and clarify a couple of items for me.

Let me start by saying I haven't fully investigated Arch yet, and I
reaslise some of my question maybe answered elsewhere.  All of my
revision control experience has been based on CVS and Subversion.

(1) From the sound of it, we all can maintain our own individual
repositories under Arch, so is there no central repository?  I am just
concerned that if there are no central repositories, apart from the
individual developers, about data backups etc

(2) How does one manage the potential different "development" versions
... for example, I get some time to do some QA and bug squashing work on
the latest vesion and I use my own Arch repository, and I archive and
publish it on my public file space.  Doesn't this potentially just get
really messy with what could in fact look like numerous forks poping up
around the web?

I accept that these questions are probably just process questions, that
I have missed seeing the answers to (and I also realise that Arch
requires a completely different mindset from what I have been used to.

Cheeres