[Koha-devel] z39.50

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Apr 12 01:59:19 CEST 2005

Chris Cormack wrote:

> Ben Goodger wrote:
>
> Hi Ben
>
> As far as im aware it supposed to be fully functional, but you arent
> the first to mention being unable to get it to work. Ill install a
> copy of 2.2.2 tonight and see if I can get it to go.
>
> Chris

And to reply to my own post

It appears to work fine .. just not with Library of Congress. I tried
with a few other z39.50 servers and it worked just fine.
Heres a snippet from the daemon log when I tried querying the National
Library of New Zealand

6171/5 : creating and 6171/5 : working on results entry 5
6171/5 : connected to NATIONAL LIB
6171/5 : NATIONAL LIB : 273 records found, retrieving them (max 80)
6171/5 : NATIONAL LIB : zed.natlib.govt.nz:210 records retrieved 80
SPEED: 54.6
6171/5 : zed.natlib.govt.nz:210 search done.

And I get back a page of results in Koha. So can you do me a favour, try
setting up another z39.50 server and mark it default, and mark the
Library of congress one 0 in the default column.
You can set up the servers at
http://your-hostname/cgi-bin/koha/admin/z3950servers.pl
And try a z39.50 search then.
Here is a list of z39.50 servers