[Koha-devel] z39.50

Roger Horne roger at hrothgar.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 03:56:07 CEST 2005

On Tue 12 Apr, Chris Cormack wrote:

> And to reply to my own post
>
> It appears to work fine .. just not with Library of Congress. I tried
> with a few other z39.50 servers and it worked just fine.
> Heres a snippet from the daemon log when I tried querying the National
> Library of New Zealand

And I am feeling foolish (not for the first and certainly not for the last
time ...).

I removed the Library of Congress but failed to notice that all bar one of the
other servers I had successfully used before (with an earlier version of
Koha) had also gone (or I suppose possibly changed their addresses). And
the final one had the default set to "0" ... Changing it to "1" worked when
I managed to find a book it would recognize.

Since servers disappearing seems to be quite common, would it be useful for
the daemon's display to indicate that there was no connection? And possibly
a button on the "add z3950 server" page to enable one to check that the new
server is responding (since lists of servers presumably go out of date)?

The list at http://www.indexdata.dk/targettest/ appears to be more up to
date than the one you suggest. I note that it lists the LoC as providing 100%
service on 23 April.

Roger
--
Roger Horne, 11 New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3QB
http://hrothgar.co.uk/
mailto:roger at hrothgar.co.uk