[Koha-devel] Website Homepage

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Aug 2 09:45:57 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I propose that we immediately replace the first paragraph on the
Koha homepage. I've gotten several winks from library professionals
that the current language makes Koha sound like a homebrew project
rather than an enterprise-level ILS.

Here's what I propose:

Koha (Maori for "Gift") is the first open-source Integrated Library
System (ILS). Developed initially in New Zealand by Katipo Communications
Ltd. and first deployed in January of 2000, it is currently maintained
by a team of software providers and library technology staff from around
the globe. Koha offers a full-featured ILS including a catalog, OPAC,
circulation, cataloging and administration components.

etc ...

How does that sound?

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE