[Koha-devel] Website Homepage

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Aug 2 14:56:15 CEST 2005

Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose that we immediately replace the first paragraph on the
> Koha homepage. I've gotten several winks from library professionals
> that the current language makes Koha sound like a homebrew project
> rather than an enterprise-level ILS.
>
> Here's what I propose:
>
> Koha (Maori for "Gift") is the first open-source Integrated Library
> System (ILS). Developed initially in New Zealand by Katipo Communications
> Ltd. and first deployed in January of 2000, it is currently maintained
> by a team of software providers and library technology staff from around
> the globe. Koha offers a full-featured ILS including a catalog, OPAC,
> circulation, cataloging and administration components.

Hmm

Id still like to have something about HLT in there.

Maybe
Developed initially in New Zealand by Katipo Communications
Ltd and Horowhenua Library Trust.

?

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz