[Koha-devel] News and a Request

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Dec 8 19:49:30 CET 2005

Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
>
>> I've compiled a list of features that we've discussed on the Koha 3.0
>> Roadmap:
>> http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/koha_wiki/index.php?page=KohaRoadmap3.0
>

> OK, read & some lines added
>
> I've some question/comments about serials management
> (http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=kohaserialsspec. I havent' read
> carefully the complete document, that is fairly long & in english ;-) )
> But reading the doc quickly, it appears to me that most of requested
> features are already here (although not fully mature for some of them, I
> agree)

[SNIP]

> SO, MY QUESTION :
> =================
> Has kohaserialsspec been written without searching what already exists
> in Koha ? I think the stuff needed to reach what is described in this
> wiki doc is not so much.

No it was written knowing what was there. Its a specification of what is
needed to make serials useful to a corporate library. When you write a
spec you should write down all the features you need. Its not a list of
what current koha serials doesnt do. Its a list of what it should do.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz