[Koha-devel] Installing Koha HEAD (soon to be 3.0) Part 2

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sun Dec 11 05:15:53 CET 2005

Hi again everyone,

OK ... You've eaten your pizza and watched the movie and are ready
to get back to Koha (I know I have). Here's what to do next:

11. Make sure zebraidx is in the right spot:

        bash# ls /usr/local/bin/zebraidx

if it's not there, find it and symlink it:

        bash# whereis zebraidx
        bash# ln -s /where/is/zebraidx /usr/local/bin/zebraidx

12. make sure tab dir is in the right spot:

        bash# ls /usr/share/idzebra/tab

if it's not there, find it and symlink it:

        bash# find / -name tab -print
        bash# mkdir /usr/share/idzebra
        bash# ln -s /where/is/tab /usr/share/idzebra/tab

13. run rebuild_zebra.pl:

        bash# cd /path/to/my/cvs/koha/misc/migration_tools/
        bash# perl -I /path/to/my/cvs/koha rebuild_zebra.pl -c

14. run the zebra index engine:

        boot# cd /path/to/my/cvs/koha/zebra
	boot# mkdir lock
        boot# zebraidx update biblios
        boot# rm -f biblios/*

15. start the zebra server:

        boot# zebrasrv @2100

16. test it, searching should work by author and title, everything
else will be keyword. Adding biblios should work.

17. develop your feature(s), test them on your running HEAD, and
commit back so we can included it in 3.0 :-)

If you've any questions or problems, post to koha-devel and we'll
try to get them sorted out.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE