[Koha-devel] Automatic managment of debarred users (proposal - request for comments)

Andrés Tarallo tarallo at ort.edu.uy
Tue Feb 1 06:43:47 CET 2005

Our library has as a rule that, when a member has overdued items it's
automatically debarred. In koha we don't have this feature.

We are planning to add this feature with a perl script run from the
crond; this script will run during the night and mark as debarred the
members that are suitable.

On the other hand we need to handle this situation: a user with overdued
items returns the items. He will continue debarred till a date computed
by the librarians, in that date he will be allowed his rights again.  To
handle this automatically we think about ading a field to the members
table. This field will handle the date were the user will recover his
rights. We'll pretend to run a program that will let the users recover
their rights, after the date saved in the database.

Please send your feedback.

Andres