[Koha-devel] Design Dilemas

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Feb 3 08:40:30 CET 2005

Rachel Hamilton-Williams a écrit :
> I've got a dilema, that I need some help resolving I think.

I think your problem has no solution...

There are 2 things (no, 3)
1 Some lists are "hardcoded" in perl script. Thus, you can't change the
template to have a checkbox list, or some links. All those template
variable are called CGIxxx (CGIbranch => the list of branches). This is
a Perl & template problem that can be solved, but it's quite tricky to
have a list with a default value with templates.
2 The general organisation of datas on screen. This is a template
problem. If your library want a list of language in top, and another on
the bottom left, then you must have a specific template.
3 The colors & fonts & lines/boxes... For those, the CSS template should
help (with the opacstylesheet systempreference to have an external css).
You can change almost what you want as stylesheet. But a H2 (header 2)
will be a H2, everywhere in the code.

So, you should say to your customers that the cost depends on what they
want exactly. And let them choose (and maybe lower their needs. For
example selecting the language with a listbox or a link is not a major
difference. -imho-)

--
Paul POULAIN