[Koha-devel] Subject maintenance?

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Feb 3 08:44:25 CET 2005

Rachel Hamilton-Williams a écrit :
> Hi ya,
>
> I'm just checking, but I'm having trouble working out where/how/if you
> do subject maintenance in 2.2?
>
> I've added some subjects to a biblio (using the edit biblio stuff in the
> MARC View)
>
> and so I see I could go and just edit all the subjects per biblio by
> hand - but that seems like a bit of a leap backwards.
>
> In 1.3 we had (well I think we did, HLT certainly do), the ability to
> get up a list of subjects, and then edit them, delete duplicates etc,
> and have it work for all the biblios.
>
> Is that functionalty in this version (and I'm just blind/using the wrong
> templates)
> OR is it not in this version (in which case I'll stop looking)

Stop looking, i've removed it, it was too bugyy & i wasn't suspecting
someone was still using this code. If you want to add it again, then
plan a lot of tests.

But subjects should be mapped to authorities, and you have some tools
here to manage your authorities (and i'll commit soon code to merge 2
MARC authorities)

--
Paul POULAIN