[Koha-devel] MARC tags/subfields downloaded v/s displayed

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Feb 3 08:58:36 CET 2005

Harvey Lee a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a question concerning the downloaded MARC tags/subfields from
> Z3950.

you mean in Koha breeding farm/reservoir don't you ?

> If a certain MARC tag/subfield is present in the Z3950 downloaded
> record, but I
> choose not to display this tag/subfield in the MARC view (i.e., tab = -
> 1
> or 'ignored'), is the tag/subfield supposed to be stored in
> marc_subfield_table?
>
> Maybe I misinterpreted what I read a while back, but I thought ALL of
> the
> MARC data was stored even though it may not be displayed. I'm finding
> that
> only those tag/subfields that are visible on download are stored. But
> AFTER
> the downloaded biblio is saved into the catalogue, I can then show/hide
> the subset
> of subfields that actually made it into the marc_subfield_table.
>
> I'm running Koha2.0.0. Is this design intent or is this a bug that there
> is a fix for already? Can anyone comment?

If you speak of reservoir biblios, then you should be wrong somewhere :
when you catalogage biblios, the useless subfields are discarded.

so you may speak of bulkmarcimport-ed biblios. In this case, you are
right : the whole biblio is added to the DB. But that's not a bug,
that's how it is supposed to work.
If you want to "clean" your biblios, you need to do this in
bulkmarcimport or by deleting useless marc_subfield_table and marc_word
entries.

Fare well

--
Paul POULAIN