[Koha-devel] 2.4. Release Manager? Bugzilla assignments?

Emiliano Marmonti emarmonti at siu.edu.ar
Fri Feb 4 09:02:52 CET 2005

Dear Owen

Few days ago I've taken contact with Rachel, Paul and others to
communicate the proximity for the finish from our local development
tasks. We've discussed with Paul the best way to integrate our changes
and enhacements to Koha, part by part. Actually we've changed and added
many features that I'm looking to see if they cumpliment some rules as
English comments and code quality.

As we announced we added:

- Borrower cards for identifying users with a time validity configurable.
- Borrower academic information (Faculty & Career). Reports asociated
with this.
- Suspensions or fee features, configurable for branch and user category.
- Calendar used from very part that a date is asked
- Circulation, Reserves were rewritten admiting: items for
only-on-library circulation, suspension considered, borrower card
validation, date-or- num days loans, reserve consideration, circulation
slip configurable for branch, etc
- OPAC Searches rewritten, Dictionary using, virtual shelves rewriting
for admiting bibliography shared between careers, RSS Feeds configurable
inside Intranet and visible inside OPAC.

And many other features. At the end of the project we'll summarize all
of this inside

http://biblio.fisica.unlp.edu.ar

We'll not use Cataloging module, we'll use UNESCO's IsisMarc data entry
tool. Also we made a module for admiting MARC Import zipped files for
adding or updating.

Some of the features could be seen as an answer to our local need and by
that way, many others not. We'll be testing all the software package in
February, and start the contribution in a organized way to the new R2.4
manager. Personally for continuing the wonderfull Paul's tasks as 2.2 R
Manager I purposed Ernesto Silva or Andres Tarallo from ORT University,
they are doing a very good job integrating their proper code inside Koha
cvs.

Kind Regards
Emiliano.