[Koha-devel] Para revisar !!!!!

Ernesto Silva - Webmaster silva at ort.edu.uy
Mon Feb 7 04:52:37 CET 2005

Dear Emiliano,

We're glad to hear from you, we're really impressed by all the
achievments you've made. Most of the SIU contributions will be of great
value for latin american libraries.

However we can't accept the offer of becoming the new release manager.
As we said before, the Library ILS project in Universidad ORT will end
by the end of february. By mid month we hope to have the system in
production.

Andres Tarallo contract will end with the project, he might or might not
continue working here. We won't have man power to become a release
manager since I have other duties and maybe new projects to jump into.

On the other hand since we haven't seen the code developed by SIU we
can't help to integrate it to current source tree, nor test it. We think
that there're people with deep knowldge of koha and greater
contributions that deserve better this post (maybe someone of SIU?)

I will continue mantaining our koha installation, doing my best to keep
it current with new releases. As far as I can, I plan to continue
enhancing it and contributing back patches, bugfixes and enhacements. I
hope to do this in the true spirit of libre/free software: releasing
early and often, sharing our code with all the development community.

Regards,

Ernesto Silva.