[Koha-devel] OPAC Display Questions

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Wed Feb 9 09:15:36 CET 2005

Bruffey, Mark said:
> More questions . . . . Having read the documents I have found to be
> available, I'm still unsure of how to get the OPAC to display what I
> want in "simple" view. For instance, how do I get the OPAC to display
> our local call number (which is compiled from our fields 852 h,i,m,k,and
> t), without requiring the user to go into "Complete" view?

I think you'd need to develop your own change to the script to combine
these values before the call number is sent to the template.  The template
expects to receive only one variable for call number.

> Also, our "item types" field is 852 $6. How do I map that so that KOHA
> sees it properly? Sorry for these perhaps simple questions, but I need a
> little more assistance, if possible. BTW, you should be able to view the
> OPAC at 64.65.164.254:81.

You can't have both "biblioitems" information and "items" information in
the same MARC tag.  (Well, you can, but you could only map to one of those
tables, not both.) You'll need to somehow split the information into two
tags.  The script I did for Nelsonville uses the MARC::Record module to
split the info into a 942 tag (mapped to biblioitems) and a 952 tag
(mapped to items) before the record is imported into Koha.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA