[Koha-devel] MARC tags/subfields downloaded v/s displayed

Harvey Lee ev340 at ncf.ca
Wed Jan 26 15:22:01 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've got a question concerning the downloaded MARC tags/subfields from
Z3950.

If a certain MARC tag/subfield is present in the Z3950 downloaded
record, but I
choose not to display this tag/subfield in the MARC view (i.e., tab = -
1
or 'ignored'), is the tag/subfield supposed to be stored in
marc_subfield_table?

Maybe I misinterpreted what I read a while back, but I thought ALL of
the
MARC data was stored even though it may not be displayed. I'm finding
that
only those tag/subfields that are visible on download are stored. But
AFTER
the downloaded biblio is saved into the catalogue, I can then show/hide
the subset
of subfields that actually made it into the marc_subfield_table.

I'm running Koha2.0.0. Is this design intent or is this a bug that there
is a fix for already? Can anyone comment?

Thanks,
Lee