[Koha-devel] re: Add biblio bug

Harvey Lee ev340 at ncf.ca
Wed Jan 26 15:22:01 CET 2005

Hi Greg,

There is a simple fix for this. The problem is in the template
addbiblio.tmpl.

In the lines that call the javascript function AddField(), change from:
     href="javascript:AddField(<!-- TMPL_VAR name="tag" -->)"
to:
     href="javascript:AddField("<!-- TMPL_VAR name="tag" -->")"

I'm doing this from memory so I hope the placement of the quotes above
is correct!

This code needs to be fixed in 10 places (once per tab).

What seems to be happening is that the tag value is being sent to the
javascript function as an integer so leading zeros (as in the ISBN tag)
are being stripped.

Lee

In addbiblio.pl....

 I click on the + sign to add a seccond ISBN number for a biblio entry.
 Instead of adding a seccond ISBN field, it adds a new LCCN field. This
 bug has existed in earlier versions of KOHA as well, but I never got
 around to reporting it. To ensure the problem is not in my database, I
 did a clean insteall, and found this happened whilst adding my first
 biblio entry.

 Greg