[Koha-devel] RM for 2.4 [news from france]

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Wed May 4 17:40:40 CEST 2005

> Maybe we could switch it round, Ineo doing QA (the most essential job IMHO
> if you want to impress clients)

I think this is an excellent idea.  I like the idea of trying to involve
Ineo in an important position in the open source process, in order to try
to help ensure that they will be open contributors and partners.  We don't
want to get ourselves in a situation like we are with the Argentinian
developers, where some great work has been done but we don't have access to
it!  Involving Ineo as QA Manager would help encourage them to be part of
the community.

I'm hesitant to have the RM position be filled by someone who hasn't spent
some time working with the Koha project.  I don't doubt that they're going
to make some great contributions, and could really help the Koha Project
grow by leaps and bounds.  But I'd like for us all to have a chance to get
to know them, and for them to get to know us, before we give them a job
like Release Manager.

Just my $.02. I hope all that came out right... :)

 -- Owen