[Koha-devel] LibLime 2.4 RM Proposal

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon May 9 02:03:26 CEST 2005

Andrés Tarallo a écrit :
> Joshua:
>
> I'm browsing your proposal. I'm not a core developer but this are my two
> cents: As we're diving into the code we find many repeated code.

That problem is hard to avoid with source developped by many people.
It can partially be solved with a solid API & API documentation (which
we have only partially, I agree)

> On the
> other hand I think that Koha will gain a lot if it get rid of the non
> marc database.

I'm not sure at all. You must remember Koha is multi-MARC, so, a "title"
may be in different places. It is very CPU consuming to search everytime
"where is the title ?". It's better to store it definetly during biblio
adding process.

> About speed: We have gained a lot with mod_perl. I encourage others to
> test it and make improvments.

could'nt give it a try. But still expect to be able to one day...

> We're currently developing extensions and bug fixes needed by our
> library. Many of ths extension might colide with the Argentinian
> developed code, but we couldn't wait till they decide to let others
> access to their code. It's a pity, since we have similar requirments and
> we're very near from Buenos Aires and La Plata in Argentina (We're based
> in Montevideo, a few hours by sea from both cityes).

Everybody agrees on this, hélas...

--
Paul POULAIN