[Koha-devel] Ok that wasn't the real time for the meeting

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Tue May 17 12:56:37 CEST 2005

> While translating I found the use of <input type=button> tags very
> uncomfortable. The submitted value, which is sometimes important for
> the script, is also the label on the button. With <button type=submit>
> tags you can label the button separatly from the submit value. I
> propose changing this not only in the translations where needed, but
> also in the english version.

I'd be hesitant to switch to <button> just because it's not very commonly
used.  I wonder if there are compatibility problems with it?  I'm not sure
what situation you're worried about. Are you talking about instances where
there are two different submit buttons on the same form?

> Second I found that the items to be held in virtual bookshelfs are
> referenced by their barcode, which isn't a good idea. It is practical
> to have the oportunity to fill a virtual bookshelf by barcode (i.e.
> scanning a collection someone has made) but for the user there is no
> need to get the exact copy of a biblio when choosing a book from a
> virtual bookshelf.

Yes, it's curious that the bookshelves are oriented around barcodes.  The
display of barcodes in the list of items on a virtual shelf, for instance,
isn't very useful.  I agree that virtual shelves really ought to operate
more on the biblio level.

> So I propose the improovment of the
> currencies handling in Koha. E.g. one "home currency" for each branch
> which is to be displayed by default and the possibility for foreign
> users to adjust their currency and have it displayed in addition to
> the home currency.

Having branch- and user-specific currencies sounds very complex, but an
easy first step in this direction would be to set up a system-level default
currency.  At the same time instances in the template where currencies are
displayed should be formatted according to local currency rules ("$2.00"
instead of "2").

  -- Owen