[Koha-devel] Website/Interface Design Focus Group

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:58:51 CEST 2005

On 5/25/05, Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here are some links I came across lately that relate to OPAC
> layout (and functions):
>
> Library Journal: Roy Tenant, "Lipstick on a Pig"
> http://tinyurl.com/95hds
>
> Lorcan Dempsey's weblog (OCLC):
> Dorothea left a comment which wondered how one would present
> FRBRized results to the user. We have been working on this
> internally. This screenshot shows an approach.
>
> Blog Entry:
> http://orweblog.oclc.org/archives/000579.html
> Screenshot:
> http://orweblog.oclc.org/archives/alice.html
>
> Dilettante's Ball: "Polishing the turd: the dangers of redesigning the OPAC
> http://tinyurl.com/8874d
>
> I'll put together an agenda later tonight -- let me know if there's
> anything you'd like to be on it.

I would love to be involved with better search. There is an amazing
amount of myopia regarding searching large and complex catalogs
generally, and more in the library world. Even tech savvy people like
the my brother ask "But how do I search the cd catalog?"

Enough rants, do we have a spec for BetterSearch, or should I go about
dreaming one up?

Corey