[Koha-devel] Re: Non-MARC data entry

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Nov 7 01:19:21 CET 2005

Ben Goodger wrote:
> You misunderstand me again. Does koha have facility to enter data in a
> way which remotely resembles real life, such as "Title", "Director",
> "Certificate" etc which is applicable to DVDs, or even something which
> approximates to English ("Author", "Publisher") for books? The owners
> of the DVD library I will be installing Koha for this week require to
> be able to enter relevant data.

Yes it does,

As Rachel said in her first reply

" Libraries (particularly public libraries) already use Koha for DVD's
and a range of media "

If you switch marc off, and choose simple acquisitions you can enter
data without seeing MARC tags, I think she said this also already.

And of course you can edit the simple acquisition templates, and any
other ones to say Director instead of author if you so wish.

Heres a video catalogued at nelsonville

http://search.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=11618

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz