[Koha-devel] MARC to MARC field Mappings in KOHA 3

Bruffey, Mark mbruffey at centralseminary.edu
Tue Nov 8 12:46:23 CET 2005

Hi All!

Please pardon me if my question is a little vague. This is because it's been some time since I installed a test version of KOHA I am currently using. I can't remember the exact version, but it was the latest version as of Jan 19, 2005.

Anyhow, as I recall, KOHA did not offer much flexibility either in the fields searched or in the fields displayed following a user search. This limitation meant that I would have to export several different fields and subfields from my existing MARC records into different fields and subfields (some merges required) in the MARC records that KOHA would read/display--quite complicated for me.

My question is, does KOHA 3 offer more flexibility in displayed fields? I would like to be able to select any field I want to be searched and displayed to the user following the search. This would hopefully reduce or eliminate the need for complex intermediate steps when preparing marc records for import into KOHA.

Thanks,

Mark

PS. After upgrading to FC4 (from FC3), I cannot search KOHA without errors (notify admin). Is there a known issue after FC4 upgrade, by chance? I do NOT have SELinux enabled. Thanks.

L. Mark Bruffey
Director Library Services
Central Baptist Theological Seminary
900 Forestview Lane N