[Koha-devel] MARC to MARC field Mappings in KOHA 3

Thomas D koha at alinto.com
Thu Nov 10 08:15:34 CET 2005

Quoting "Bruffey, Mark" <mbruffey at centralseminary.edu> :
> ---------------- Beginning of the original message ------------------
>
> Hi All!
>
> Please pardon me if my question is a little vague. This is
> because it's been
> some time since I installed a test version of KOHA I am
> currently using. I can't
> remember the exact version, but it was the latest version as
> of Jan 19, 2005.
>
> Anyhow, as I recall, KOHA did not offer much flexibility
> either in the fields
> searched or in the fields displayed following a user search.
> This limitation
> meant that I would have to export several different fields and
> subfields from my
> existing MARC records into different fields and subfields
> (some merges required)
> in the MARC records that KOHA would read/display--quite
> complicated for me.
>
> My question is, does KOHA 3 offer more flexibility in
> displayed fields? I would
> like to be able to select any field I want to be searched and
> displayed to the
> user following the search. This would hopefully reduce or
> eliminate the need for
> complex intermediate steps when preparing marc records for
> import into KOHA.
>
> Thanks,
Please try restating your question about what you are interested in
achieving for searching MARC in Koha.

With respect to Koha searching errors since you upgraded to FC4 from FC3,
did you also upgrade Koha?  What version of Koha are you using that gives
you errors in searching and what error messages do you have from what type
of search?

Thomas D