[Koha-devel] move to savannah

Thomas D koha at alinto.com
Sun Nov 13 10:17:21 CET 2005

The reasonable answer I had previously from Paul Poulain about what
alternative software version control systems had been considered in the past
for Koha is that all such discussions had favoured CVS because it was most
widely known.  While the relatively small community of active Koha
developers could learn to use a better tool than CVS, whatever that better
choice might be, it would restrict the size of the development community to
those who know or are willing to learn to use the superior software version
control system.  Koha should impose as few barriers to contribution as
possible.  Koha needs more contributors not fewer.

The only way around this obstacle that I can see is the possibility of a
superior version control system that is CVS command compatible or has a
wrapper for CVS commands.  If you know of such a CVS compatible system, that
is better than CVS with a suitable reliable host or distributed hosts
supporting the bandwidth consumption then you should identify such a system
and the hosting support.

Thomas D

Quoting MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> :